Thursday, July 1, 2010

Breakfast Burritos

This is something I developed - super easy and it is my kid's favorite.

8 flour tortillas - I'm very picky about the brand (guerrero)
2 TB butter
about 8-9 eggs
salt and pepper
1 cup shredded cheese (I use a mixed cheese)
4 strips bacon

cut bacon in half/lengthwise. Fry bacon up. Mix eggs with whisk in a bowl and in a separate fry pan drop butter and when melted,scramble eggs. Salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat when eggs reach a soft scramble and sprinkle with the cheese. cover so cheese melts while warming tortillas. Warm tortillas on a flat pan surface. (1 at a time)

Assembly:
1 warmed tortilla
scoop eggs and cheese
1 (1/2) slice bacon
wrap into burrito

repeat till all burritos are made

variations:
some times I will cook potatoes alongside the bacon and add it into burritos, also you can use sausage instead of bacon. I just cook sausage first in the frying pan and then add the eggs to scramble it all together,top w/cheese...etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment