Thursday, May 11, 2017

Easy Peasy French Dip Sandwiches

This is also my mothers recipe..One of my favorites growing up and I serve it to my family often

French bread loaf (1 or 2 depending on how many you need to feed) from grocery store
2 au jus dry seasoning packets
1 med roast beef (cooked and lightly seasoned) I usually season with seasoning salt and crock pot it all day
i package swiss cheese slices

cook au jus per package instructions in saucepan, I add juices from the roast beef to enhance the flavor.
Slice french bread in half lengthwise and broil on a cookie sheet to toast inside of bread.
Spoon au jus onto bread toasted side, load one side generously with pieces of roast beef, top with swiss cheese, then broil that side once more to melt cheese,
put top half on and slice into 6-8 sandwiches.. Serve with au jus in small ramekins for dipping..So yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment