Thursday, May 11, 2017

Mom's Taco Salad.. or Dorito Salad

This is a recipe my mom would make us growing up and I loved it then. It was my favorite but I have added a few things over the years. who knew Doritos could make a Salad???

I bag Doritos (old school nacho flavor please)
1 pound hamburger
dry taco seasoning (any brand)
1/2 can beans drained (black or kidney)
head of lettuce chopped (small or 1/2 Large)
tomatoes chopped (2 med)
avocados chopped (1 or 2)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar OR mexican mix)
1/2 cup sour cream

cook hamburger use taco seasoning per instructions, add beans to the simmer part

In a large bowl add 1/2 bag chips and all other ingredients, leaving sour cream and meat mixture for the last. Toss all together and serve. Add more chips as desired.
This salad is best served immediately with the warm meat and melty cheese and crispy chips. The chips will get soggy 2nd day but its still yummy day 2



No comments:

Post a Comment