Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy with Scrambled Eggs

My dear friends Vangie, Sarah, and Christy came to my house and made this for me once when I was really sick. And It was soooo good. I make this all the time for my family now - it's our new late sunday morning breakfast

1 pound bulk sausage
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 or 3 cups milk
salt and pepper


fry up sausage in large fry pan on med heat till cooked through, push sausage to one side of pan. Melt butter on empty side and add flour. mix butter and flour to form a paste or Rue. Then add milk. Stir entire mixture constantly to dissolve Rue and heat to a boil to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste

1 dozen eggs - cooked to a scramble in seperate pan
refrigerator biscuits - or bisquick biscuits - made per directions
Serve eggs and biscuits with gravy..and fruit on the side

No comments:

Post a Comment