Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Spinach Salad

I got this recipe from my cousin Kara, who made it for an easter dinner we had at my Aunt Kathy's house. I found out later that she got the recipe from my sister Jenna originally

1/2 head of lettuce
1 package of spinach (or equal amounts to 1/2 head lettuce)
1/2 red onion sliced very thin
1 pound grated swiss cheese
sliced mushrooms (1 pkg) I give them and extra chop
1/2 pound bacon (cooked and crumbled)
1 cup frozen peas
optional add ins:
slivered almonds
chopped hard boiled eggs
Cooked chopped chicken


Dressing:
1/3 cup white vinager
2 or 3 chopped green onions
3/4 cup oil
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp celery seed
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup olive oil (add oil last and drizzle in while whisking ingredients to combine)

It's a good idea to make the dressing ahead so the flavers can blend (a few hours)
toss together just before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment